Just a quick update on my previous post about my cat, Oni and his recent near death experience/medical ordeal. A friend of mine created this GoFundMe page for anyone interested in helping support Oni’s recovery. While he’s doing so much better, he also has several challenges ahead of him. I’m so humbled to have such amazing friends.
Support for an Amazing Kitty
Search the Blog
Blog Archive by Date
- To Pledge or Not to Pledge: A National Anthem Protest Story September 20, 2016
- Economic Ignorance Impacts Us All August 15, 2016
- Give Humility a Chance June 16, 2016
- Liberty Goddess Blog at Liberty.me May 25, 2016
- Welcome to Persephone’s Path! May 13, 2016
- Defending Truth Can Mean Defending Jesus October 9, 2013
- Disagreement Does Not Equal Intolerance June 24, 2013
- Grading Myself as Blogger; Wimpy with a Side of Gutless December 19, 2012
- I’m a Martian American June 25, 2013
- My Plea to Anyone Voting “Yes”: A Libertarian Marriage Amendment Perspective October 9, 2012
- PersephoneK: Thanks!...
- Spartacus Maximus: Enjoyed your post, Persey!...
- Paying Tribute to Serious Themes in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire | Persephone's Path: [...] what is generally discussed with these stori...
- X-Files Turns 20: “Squeeze” | Persephone's Path: [...] X-Files Turns 20 [...]...
- X-Files Turns 20: “Conduit” | Persephone's Path: [...] X-Files Turns 20 [...]...
PersephoneK writes about anything and everything that moves her, but usually she can be found skeptically discussing Liberty, Religion, Workplace/Government reform, Philosophy, and pop-culture. She loves passionate but civil debate, has thoughts, and wants to share. She also wants you to share back.
What is PersephoneK Reading?
So far, a fascinating look at how the U.S. Constitution has evolved, and how the interpretation of it has changed (for better and worse) from a Republican to a Democratic view (don't assume you know what he means by those terms, they are not about political parties) by a law professor Randy Barnett, who has argued cases before the Supreme Court of the United States.
Recommended Must Read
Economics is one of the most critically misunderstood disciplines in a democracy. Your ignorance is peril for us all. Sowell explains complex topics very simply.
If you care about Free Speech at all, this is an important read written from the perspective of someone at the center of a modern battle to uphold one of the most important principals of classical liberalism.
If you can only pick one book to read all year, pick this one. I rank it as one of the top 5 books all humans should read. It will be time consuming as its long and dense, but its also easy to read, and filled with gobs of nuanced facts and analysis to show how the world is better today than at any other time in history. Life is good, and Pinker has the proof.